Seeking upscale resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is a popular choice for travellers looking for a luxurious getaway. Both cities are known for their opulent hotels and resorts that offer top-notch amenities and services. From private beaches to world-class dining experiences, Dubai and Abu Dhabi have something for everyone.
Dubai, the largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), is a popular destination for luxury travellers. The city boasts some of the world’s most luxurious hotels and resorts, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Hotel, known for its sail-shaped design and lavish amenities. Other notable alternatives in Dubai include the Atlantis, The Palm, and the Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach.
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, is also a popular destination for luxury travellers. The city is home to several world-class resorts, including the Emirates Palace, known for its opulent decor and stunning beachfront location. Other notable alternatives in Abu Dhabi include the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort and the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara. Whether you’re looking for a beachfront oasis or a desert retreat, Abu Dhabi offers something.
Best Resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Luxury Resorts in Dubai
Dubai is known for its luxury resorts and hotels, offering world-class amenities and exceptional service. Here are some of the top luxury resorts in Dubai:
- Burj Al Arab: This iconic sail-shaped hotel is one of the most luxurious resorts in the world. It offers private butler service, a private beach, and an infinity pool.
- One&Only The Palm: Located on the Palm Jumeirah, this resort features private pool villas, a private beach, and stunning views of the Dubai skyline.
- Jumeirah Al Qasr: This palatial resort is part of the Madinat Jumeirah complex and offers direct access to a private beach. It also features a traditional souk and an expansive spa.
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira: This beachfront resort features spacious rooms and suites, a private beach, and an infinity pool overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
- Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort: This Thai-inspired resort is located on the Palm Jumeirah and features overwater villas, a private beach, and a spa.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: This sleek and stylish hotel is in the iconic Burj Khalifa and features contemporary rooms and suites with city views.
For those looking for a unique desert experience, Dubai offers luxury resorts, such as Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa. These resorts provide stunning views of the desert landscape, private pool villas, and activities such as camel rides and falconry shows.
Dubai offers many luxury resorts for those seeking a lavish and indulgent vacation.
Upscale Resorts in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is a popular destination for luxury travel, and it’s no surprise that the city is home to some of the most upscale resorts in the world. If you’re looking for a high-end getaway in Abu Dhabi, here are some of the top options to consider:
Saadiyat Island Resorts
Saadiyat Island is a popular destination for luxury travellers, and for a good reason: it’s home to some of the most beautiful beaches and resorts in Abu Dhabi. The island is known for its stunning natural beauty and world-class amenities, making it the perfect place to relax and unwind.
One of the most popular resorts on Saadiyat Island is the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort. This luxurious property features private villas, a private beach, and many other amenities that will make your stay unforgettable. Other popular resorts on Saadiyat Island include the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas and the Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas.
Other Upscale Resorts in Abu Dhabi
If you’re looking for a luxury resort, not on Saadiyat Island, there are plenty of other options. The Emirates Palace is one of the most iconic hotels in Abu Dhabi and is known for its opulent decor and world-class service. Other popular options include the Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island and The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal.
No matter where you stay in Abu Dhabi, you will have a luxurious and unforgettable experience. With so many upscale resorts, finding the perfect place to relax and unwind during your trip is easy.
Guests expect nothing less than the best amenities when it comes to upscale resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Here are some of the top amenities you can find at these resorts:
- Pools: Many upscale resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi offer multiple pools for guests. There’s something for everyone, from infinity pools with stunning views to family-friendly pools with water slides and play areas.
- Tennis Courts: Many resorts have on-site tennis courts for guests who enjoy playing tennis. Some even offer lessons and clinics with professional instructors.
- Fitness Centers: Staying fit while on vacation is essential to many guests, and upscale resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi understand this. Many offer state-of-the-art fitness centres with top-of-the-line equipment and personal trainers.
- Spas: Relaxation is critical at upscale resorts, and many have luxurious hotels where guests can indulge in massages, facials, and other treatments.
- Restaurants: Fine dining is essential at upscale resorts; many have multiple on-site restaurants. From international cuisine to local specialities, guests can experience various delicious flavours.
- Beach Access: With stunning beaches just steps away from many resorts, guests can soak up the sun and enjoy the crystal-clear waters of the Arabian Gulf.
Overall, guests can expect a wide range of top-notch amenities at upscale resorts in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are known for their luxurious resorts and unique experiences. Here are some of the top experiences you can have during your upscale stay:
- Camel Rides: Take a ride on a camel and experience the traditional way of transportation in the desert. Many resorts offer guided camel tours through the dunes.
- Sandboarding: Try your hand at sandboarding, a popular activity in the desert. You can rent a board and glide down the dunes at high speeds.
- Desert Safaris: Experience the beauty of the desert with a guided safari. You can go dune bashing in a 4×4 vehicle, watch the sunset over the sand, and enjoy a traditional Bedouin-style dinner.
- Spa Treatments: Many upscale resorts offer luxurious spa treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps. Relax and rejuvenate in a serene environment.
- Golfing: Dubai and Abu Dhabi are home to some of the best golf courses in the world. Enjoy a round of golf on a championship course with stunning views of the desert and coastline.
Whether you prefer adventure or relaxation, there are plenty of unique experiences in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are home to some of the most luxurious resorts in the world. However, there is more to these cities than just the resorts. Exploring the surroundings can be just as rewarding as enjoying the amenities of your resort. Here are some places you can visit and activities you can enjoy near these upscale resorts.
You are in for a treat if you stay at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. This iconic hotel is on the Corniche, a beautiful waterfront promenade stretching for miles. You can take a stroll along the Corniche and enjoy the views of the Arabian Gulf. The Emirates Palace is a sight to behold, with its gold-plated dome and opulent interiors. You can also visit the Emirates Palace Marina, rent a yacht or take a boat tour.
The Empty Quarter, also known as the Rub’ al Khali, is the largest contiguous sand desert in the world. It covers an area of about 650,000 square kilometres and spans four countries, including the UAE. If you are an adventure seeker, you can take a guided tour of the Empty Quarter and experience the thrill of dune bashing, sandboarding, and camel riding. You can also camp under the stars and enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner.
Archery and Horse Riding
If you are interested in archery or horse riding, visit the Al Forsan International Sports Resort in Abu Dhabi. This world-class facility offers a range of activities, including archery, horse riding, shooting, and water sports. You can take lessons from professional instructors or participate in tournaments and competitions. The resort also has a spa and wellness centre, several restaurants and cafes.
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is one of the most impressive landmarks in Abu Dhabi. It is the largest mosque in the country and can accommodate up to 41,000 worshippers. The mosque is open to non-Muslim visitors and offers guided tours. You can marvel at the intricate architecture, the beautiful mosaics, and the stunning chandeliers. The mosque also has a library containing thousands of Islamic history and culture books.
In conclusion, exploring the surroundings of your upscale resort in Dubai or Abu Dhabi can be a rewarding experience. There is something for everyone from the Corniche to the Empty Quarter, from archery to horse riding, from the Emirates Palace to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are known for their luxurious resorts and shopping destinations and offer unique wildlife encounters. The wildlife reserves in these cities are home to various animals, including gazelles, Arabian oryx, and giraffes.
Visitors can walk nature through the reserves and observe these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. The guides are knowledgeable and provide exciting insights into the animals’ behaviour and the conservation efforts in place to protect them.
The Arabian oryx, in particular, is a majestic animal that was once on the brink of extinction, but thanks to conservation efforts, its population has increased. Visitors can observe these beautiful creatures and learn about the breeding programs that have helped increase their numbers.
For those looking for a more immersive experience, some resorts offer the opportunity to feed and interact with the giraffes up close. It’s a unique experience that is sure to create unforgettable memories.
Overall, the wildlife encounters in Dubai and Abu Dhabi are a must-see for nature enthusiasts and animal lovers. The conservation efforts ensure these animals are protected and can thrive in their natural habitats.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi are home to some of the most luxurious resorts in the world. Here are a few upscale accommodation options to consider during your stay:
- Anantara: Anantara is a luxury resort chain with properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The Anantara Dubai Palm Resort & Spa offers guests a private beach, multiple swimming pools, and a variety of dining options. The Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort in Abu Dhabi offers guests a unique desert experience with luxurious accommodations and activities like camel trekking and dune bashing.
- Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa: The Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa is a five-star resort in the Liwa Desert in Abu Dhabi. The resort features a private pool, a spa, and multiple dining options. Guests can also enjoy activities like desert safaris and falconry.
- Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal: The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal is a luxury resort located on the Grand Canal in Abu Dhabi. The resort features multiple swimming pools, a private beach, and a variety of dining options. Guests can also enjoy activities like kayaking and paddleboarding.
- Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas: The Saadiyat Rotana Resort and Villas is a five-star resort on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi. The resort features a private beach, multiple swimming pools, and a variety of dining options. Guests can also enjoy activities like tennis and mini-golf.
No matter which resort you choose, you can expect luxurious accommodations, world-class amenities, and exceptional service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some private beach resorts in Abu Dhabi?
Suppose you’re looking for a private beach resort in Abu Dhabi. In that case, you might want to consider the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas, or the Emirates Palace Hotel. All of these resorts offer private beaches for their guests.
Which Abu Dhabi resorts offer private pools?
Several Abu Dhabi resorts offer private pools, such as the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, the Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal, and the Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island.
Are there any all-inclusive resorts in Abu Dhabi?
While all-inclusive resorts are not as common in Abu Dhabi as in other destinations, a few options are available. These include the Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island, the Yas Island Rotana, and the Le Meridien Abu Dhabi.
What are the best luxury resorts in the UAE?
The UAE has many luxurious resorts, but some of the best include the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai, the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi, and the One&Only The Palm in Dubai.
Which resorts in the UAE have private pools?
Many resorts in the UAE offer private pools, including the Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach, the Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, and the Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai.
What are some unique resorts in the UAE?
For a unique experience, you might consider staying at the Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort in Abu Dhabi, the Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara in Oman, or the Bulgari Resort Dubai. Each of these resorts offers a distinct and unforgettable experience.